Shopping in someone else's sewing room...

I am at my parents house this weekend and I just had to share the awesomeness that his my mom's craft/sewing room.  She wouldn't let me take pictures of the desks (yes that's plural...she has 2 huge craft tables set up at all times, and a built in corner desk for my dad's computer...awesome!) because they are cluttered with all the current works in progress, but I was able to take pictures of her 4 HUGE built in cabinets full of fabric.  Are you ready to be jealous?  Here you go...

  
 I told you it was awesome!



 And all those lower cabinets are stuffed full of wrapping supplies, pillow forms, and all the notions you could ever need. 
I told you, sheer awesomeness!

How about one last up close view to really get the detail of how many yards of fabric are housed in these cabinets...


My mom has been sewing since she was a little girl, and has taught me everything I know.  I am no where near as talented as she is, but maybe some day I will be.  For the longest time she was a quilter, and that's really how the fabric collection began.  She also made tons of clothes for herself, and my sister and I growing up.  Now my daughter is reaping all the benefits of a lifetime of sewing practice!

So today I went through ALL THE FABRIC and took some small pieces for the projects I will be making soon.  Don't you just love 'shopping' in someone else's sewing room?  So much fun...and FREE! :)
So here is what I am taking home today...


Be on the look out for some fun tutorials featuring fabric from today's scavenge!

And don't worry, I have already asked her to write some guest posts so we can all be inspired by her awesome creativity!

3 Response to Shopping in someone else's sewing room...

March 28, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Hi Kathryn, I see that you are a new blogger, but I can tell already you are going to have COOL things in store for us followers! I am excited! Dang, I wish your mom would of let us see what she was working on! You said such nice things about her, that was so sweet. I hope she posts on your blog!

Mom
March 30, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Okay, I thought I would answer that nice comment from Stephanie. As her Mom, I am delighted that Kathryn can come and "shop" in my sewing/craft room! I never intended to collect so many fabrics, quilting supplies, scrapbooking supplies or machine embroidery goodies. It just seems to happen!

She has asked me to post some things and share what I create in my little crafting heaven. Now I have to decide what is good enough and what might be helpful or interesting to others.

Thanks, Kathryn for all the nice compliments and "shop" anytime you like.

Mom

Kim
May 5, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Boy oh Boy....are you a lucky chick to have grown up with a mom who is talented, artistic, AND a sewer. To be able to go to her for advice, encouragement and supplies....one lucky lady! I love the tutorials you have shared and I'm adding you to my blog list. It will be a treat to see what else you come up with!!! I'll be watching. Kim :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails