Tour de Thrift and 100 Followers!

What a crazy week this has been!  We moved to a new rental house, and my MIL is in town visiting for 10 days because we have no day care.  And I have to train for my next triathlon in 2 weeks.  Oh, and that full time job won't go away...and the husband and kid keep insisting on eating every day and living in a clean safe house.  Crazy, I know!  But I had to get on Blogger and post something...I miss it!  Sadly I don't have anything crafty or creative to share.  Boooooooo!

I did want to share with everyone the awesome event I attended yesterday:


hosted by Aly and Ash and Cute as a Fox

Jax and Ashley did a great job putting together this event and scoring some great swag for all of use who attended.  (I'm ashamed to admit that their goody bag contains my first ever bottles of Mod Podge and Gorilla Glue...shocking I know!)

We all met up at Mimi's Cafe in Ahwatukee, AZ (yes that's how it's spelled and yes it's awesome) which was great because I just moved here 4 days ago. 

Side note: the move went crazy fast and my office/craft room is in complete disarray!  We got the computer up, but I am sitting on a step stool right now writing this because the chair is buried under boxes.  I need to get this room in order so I can get back to my crazy long to-do list of crafts/projects!  Which, by the way, has gotten a heck of a lot longer since we moved into this "all white walls" house.  It really needs come TLC and style...I hope I can get it looking good ASAP!

Anyways, after a great breakfast at Mimi's we headed to the local Goodwill.  We got a $5 gift card as part of our registration for the event, and it went even further than you'd expect because we showed up on their everything in the store is half off "Super Sale Saturday".  I was able to score a few items that will be re-finished or re-purposed in the near future:

Two large candlesticks in need of some paint and glaze, and a coffee mug tree that is going to become my sisters new jewelry holder:


I also found four pillowcases in fun fabrics that I'm sure can be used for something super cute in the near future.  Maybe a valance in my daughter's room for the pink striped one? 

Plus at 50% off $1.49...who could resist?


I am so glad that I found this Goodwill near the new house...it is huge!  The furniture section had some promising items, but I just couldn't fathom bring home furniture when the house is so crazy. 

I'm not kidding about the mess...I feel like I'm living in an episode of Hoarders! 

 The Arizona Blogger's Tour de Thrift continued on to more great Goodwill stores, but I had to head home at this point to get some unpacking and organizing done.  I wish I could have caravaned on with the other ladies, but maybe next time.  It was such a great experience, and I got to meet some really fun ladies.  I hope that Jax and Ashley plan another event soon!

I just have one more thing to add to my random post...

I hit 100 Followers!!

Of course, it happens when I'm not able to get on the computer for almost 2 days!  But I'm so happy for all of you who take the time to read my blog and comment on my projects.  I hope you like what I've done so far and that I am able to keep making projects that interest you! 

I just need to find the time!

6 Response to Tour de Thrift and 100 Followers!

June 20, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Awesome! Hello to a fellow Arizonan!

June 20, 2010 at 7:33 PM

That sounds like so much fun! Wish we had a group like that around here.

I'm following you from Friendly Friday...one more follower for you :)
http://scrappinheaven.blogspot.com

Carol

June 21, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Isn't moving insanity?!! The upside is that for at least a while the house is organized once you get things where you want them.

It sounds like a really fun event that you attended. I love finding things at thrift stores and antique malls.

June 21, 2010 at 1:42 PM

So glad you had a good time! Thanks for coming. I love your finds, I can't see how the turn out!

Ashley

June 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM

We lived in Ahwatukee while our house in Chandler was being built. I really miss AZ. I loved it there! Everything but the heat...and the sandstorms. Those would really mess up our pool. Oh, the good ole days. And, Mesa has THE BEST THRIFT STORES EVER!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails